Connecting Learning to Real World Examples Q&A

What do you do to connect your learning objectives with real-world scenarios/situations?


Answers from the Web:
  • I ask a question on the unit exam about how they can apply what they learned in the real world. This is important for my students to see the relevance of what they’ve just learned.
  • I show a short clip of a video at the beginning of the unit of an actual example. It brings it to life.
  • I’d love to connect what we learn to the real world and do try to give examples when I think of them, but we really don’t have time to get to that part in a lot of detail - I struggle just getting the concepts finished in time.
  • I’ve recently been thinking about this; I know that I don’t do enough to speak to the interests of each student and to link what we are doing to the real world. It’s just really hard!

(source: Google Training: Advanced level 2, unit 2)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20% Time/ Genius Hour

Digital Learning Resources for Distance Learning

Add MPS Google Drive Link to your Teacher Google Site